Thursday, July 25, 2013

End of July!!

It is officially almost the end of July! That means that our due date is only a little over 6 weeks away!!

While I CANNOT wait to meet the little peach, I honestly can't believe how fast this year has gone. It feels like just yesterday we were staring at the stick (one of 8 that peed on, by the way) and feeling all the crazy emotions that come along with the DOUBLE LINE.

Our baby shower has come and passed. We are still trying to organize all the UNBELIEVABLE presents that we got that day. So much work goes into a day like that and it was all so appreciated. I had a blast and it still rocks my mind that we are so loved by so many wonderful people.



I have been asked how I am feeling. Pretty much everyday someone asks me. Sometimes I don't know if it is a formality or if said person really wants a TRUE answer. Usually if they are already a mom, I give them the "truth". I don't want to scare anyone that hasn't had the opportunity, or possibly desire, to embark on the journey. Truth really is, I have been EXTREMELY lucky so far. I have had issues but it can always be so much worse. Believe me, I have heard some stories. SO, I try my best to only do the real complaining to a select few. While we are currently unsure whether we will be doing this again, I really don't want my husband to BAN the idea based on my current experience. But, he usually takes my complaints like a champ in the meantime. (Just a side note to my baby- Mommy wants you to know that you should never use the words that mommy sometimes uses when the leg cramps hurt so bad....Also, please don't learn from my current emotional road rage issues. Mommy has never been a sailor and usually only has kind words for your daddy. Especially in the middle of the night.)

At our 29 week US, this baby was measuring at 32 weeks. We won't get another US until about 37 weeks, but the doc is "guestimating" that he will be about 8.5 lbs at birth. That US was also 3D. WOW. How weird is that?!

Needless to say, I am thoroughly convinced that the "hard stuff" will be only a distant memory when I get to hold that little peach. Even the thought of it makes the uncontrollable, crazy, emotional roller coaster a joy ride.

Love,
J

2 comments:

  1. The "hard stuff" WILL be only a distant memory! But replaced by more "hard stuff" that you will get through as well. The hard stuff makes life worth living!
    I thought about holding Dax the other day and got a little weepy (the hormones never do go back to normal after kids rock your body). We have been scared kids, 'A' students, band geeks, moody teenagers, best friends, angry New Year's Eve dates, temporary roomates and broken hearted beached whales together over the years...I can't wait to be awesome moms together!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gunda! Love you, too. You can hold Dax anytime you like. 50 times a day. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete